REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT AND CONSULTING
- Development Management
- Mixed-Use Master-Planned Developments
- Urban Retail & Regional Mall Properties
- Residential Subdivisions
- Governing Body Entitlement Approvals
- Public/Private Development Agreement Negotiation
- Financing & Equity Acquisition
- Bond Community Financing
- Exit Strategy Analysis & Development
- Loan Workout/Restructuring
RICHARD BIEGEL | BIOGRAPHY
Mr. Biegel, currently the Founder and CEO of Immigration Capital, a premier provider of low interest rate, non-recourse construction financing to real estate developers under the USCIS EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, has been in the real estate development for over 30 years. He has been involved in some of the highest profile real estate development projects in the US Southwest. After obtaining his graduate degree in 1992, Mr. Biegel worked for Colony Capital, the 3rd largest private equity real estate fund in the world, where he underwrote over $1.2 billion in real estate assets. Since that time, he has been involved in the development or redevelopment of over 2,500,000 square feet of office, retail and multi-family properties, and over 45,000 acres of land
Mr. Biegel holds a B.S. in Real Estate from Arizona State University and a Master of Real Estate Development degree from the University of Southern California.
- Current General Managing Partner of Black Mountain Resort Park, a 2,000 acre, Low density, Master-Planned Development overlooking Laughlin Nevada, currently in the planning stage while completing an exchange with the Bureau of Land Management.
- Current General Managing Partner of the commercial componant (67 acres) of Cimarron Lake, a 300 acre master-planned community located adjacent to the Colorado River, South of Bullhead City, Arizona.
- Assisted in 2002 in restructing the development management, and debt and equity capital structure of the 1,900 acre Traverse Mountain Master-Planned Community in Salt Lake City.
- Provided co-development management in 2001 of Southbank, a 535 acre master-planned development located on the southwestern suburban edge of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- In a partnership with Accredited investors in 2000, developed El Mirador, a 60 acre, 47 lot, hillside custom home subdivision in Gold Canyon, Arizona with average lot prices of $300,000.
- Created a retail, entertainment and restaurant destination redevelopment plan and provided anchor tenant negotiations for the 1999 redevelopment of the 300,000 square foot Desert Fashion Plaza in downtown Palm Springs, California.
- Secured a portion of the equity required in 1999 for the development of Sun Valley, a “next-cycle,” 13,282 acre master-planned community, located on the far edge of the Phoenix metropolitan area, in the town of Buckeye, Arizona.
- Provided interim Project Management Assistance in 1996 for Estrella, the second largest master-planned community in the Western United States.
- Managed the Re-Development in 1994 and 1995 of the 450,000-square-foot Scottsdale Galleria regional specialty and entertainment center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Co-Developed Nogales Plaza in 1993, a 168,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center in Nogales, Arizona anchored by Bashes and Pepboys.
- In 1993 Co-Developed the Pan American Center Douglas, Arizona, an 80 acre retail site anchored by Wal-Mart, Kmart and Safeway.
- In 1992, provided interim asset management and due-diligence of the development potential for Northgate, a 1,200 acre master-planned, mixed-use community located along the eastern side of the Interstate 25 corridor in northern Colorado Springs, for the Resolution Trust Corporation.
- Co-Managed the Redevelopment of a 25,000-square-foot retail and office, historic preservation and new construction development (FAR of 4.0) in downtown Tempe, Arizona 1990.
- In 1988, assembled 11 properties and became a partner in the development of Litchfield East, a 1,234 acre master-planned community located in Litchfield Park, Arizona (a suburb of Phoenix).
- 1986 negotiated the purchase of the 860 acre Wigwam Creek master-planned community in Litchfield Park for Balcor, a division of American Express.